Monday, April 13, 2009

Where do you go when you're in a bad mood?

I go to work!!

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I can't even remember the last time I was this cranky! I went to Starbucks before work for a pick me up and some lady in a big truck completely cut me off in the drive through line. It was all I could do to not ram my car into her truck. There would've been little left of my car, anyways, so I really talked myself into calming down! I got to work without speeding (to prevent road rage!) and vented to two co-workers and still was in a bad mood. I planned for the rest of the week and that didn't make me feel much better either. So, I went to greet the kids at the door. Nothing picks me up more than seeing sleepy-eyed children light up at the sight of seeing me! I got hugs from all the students I teach, which made my day, of course. This is something I started doing a couple months ago when I have time in the mornings. It is so important to me to see kids greeted with smiles and "Good mornings", "Have a great day", "Cool hair", and "Great to see ya's". By the looks on their faces I swear it makes their day as well, and not just mine. It's invigorating to spread good cheer.

Well, even after that I was still in a bad mood. My good cheer stopped at the door. =( I did finally get rid of the bitterness after lunch, and I didn't have to force the smiles anymore! Also, I did finally realize why I was in such a bad mood. It's crazy how things can sneak up on you sometimes!

Where do you go when you're in a bad mood? Have you ever had to put on a smile when all you wanted to do was scowl?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ann

http://racingonlinegames.net

Ms. Heather Walker said...

Thank you!! I really apprecaite that! I'm glad you enjoy!