Monday, April 13, 2009

Stuck on Twilight...

Ok I caved...I'm reading it again! I'm almost done haha. I tried to explain to Mom why I like it so much. For the most part, it's comforting. It relaxes me, calms me down, and keeps my hopeless romantic thoughts alive. I am holding out for a relationship like Bella and Edward's. I do not expect it to be EXACTLY like theirs at all because I know it is a fictional story. However, I do think a relationship with that much passion, compassion, compromise, care, responsibility and friendship can and does indeed exist. Call me crazy if you'd like, but I don't care!! I have seen relationships similar to Bella and Edward's in real life. Take my grandparents, for example. Anyone who had seen Arnie and Marilyn together in their 57 years of marriage can tell you it's real. My grandpa took care of his wife in sickness, as the vows state, for over 40 years. FORTY! Now that is commitment. Also, there is my parents' relationship. They've been together for almost 34 years and married for almost 28. Their relationship has had Bella and Edward moments. I've witnessed them all lovey dovey and it makes me want to gag, but at the same time I am thrilled that my parents are still happy. Also, my life-long friends Courtney, Sally and Megan have gotten married all within about two years ago. When I've seen them together with their significant others I can tell you they all have married their best friends. You can tell they are in love and also they have a very strong friendship with their spouse. That is so important! I am sure they are going to drive their spouses up a wall from time to time, and visa versa, but they will always have their friendship to keep them bonded and fall back on. So there you have it: proof that the "Twilight" love can exist!! Feel free to agree or disagree. I'd love to hear your side of things!!

No comments: