Friday, March 21, 2008

Chapter 13

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Sadle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.

Biography

I must admit that the mention of biographies does make me cringe a bit, and so when I started reading this chapter I thought I would have to struggle to get through it. I had obviously forgotten that Tunnel and Jacobs have this way of sucking my in to their chapters because they write so beautifully! After I was done reading this chapter, it made me want to find biographies and soak up as much reading as possible. I am lazy though and have yet to do it =(
I really liked learning about the different types of biographies: autobiography, picture book biography, simplified biography, complete biography, partial biography, and collective biographies. I use to think there was just autobiography and biography, but obviously there is a lot more to it. Some of the authors I plan to check out are Kathleen Krull, David Adler, and James Daugherty. I will keep you posted!

No comments: