Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Zoom

Banyai, Istvan. Zoom. New York: Puffin Books, 1998.

What I thought of the book…
I thought this book was so cool! I was just so amazed by the pictures and the angles in which they were drawn. I kept trying to guess what the next picture would be once it was zoomed out, and the only ones I guessed right were the cruise ship and then the cruse ship advertisement. I didn’t know the advertisement was going to be on a bus. Anyways, I just thought it was so neat and very mesmerizing!

Craft Lesson…
After letting the kids look at the book and talk about it, I would get out a couple Polaroid cameras and let them take a picture of something or someone they choose. Then, they can either draw or paint a zoomed in or zoomed out piece of it. Afterwards, they can share with the class their take on why they chose to paint or draw from the perception that they did.

No comments: