Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Babymouse: Our Hero

Holm, Jennifer and Matthew Holm. Babymouse: Our Hero. New York: Random House, 2005.

What I thought of the book…
This book was too cute! I’ve never read a comic before, and I just loved it! I am not sure I could read comics often though because the jumbled ness of it all did give me a small headache. It was just too jumpy and random! Still, I thought it was cute and entertaining.

Craft Lesson…
I would have the class think of something that stresses them out or something that they worry about a lot, and then I would have them close their eyes for about five minutes and daydream about something peaceful to get their minds off the worry. When they open their eyes I would have them draw a picture about what they saw. I would also have a wide variety of supplies ready for them to use while making their picture. Some of the supplies would include felt, feathers, pipe cleaner, beads, markers, paint, stamps, crayons; basically anything I can get my hands on. When they are finished with it I would have them keep it in their main notebooks to look at or take out whenever they get stressed or start worrying about something to the point it is distracting. For something to turn in to me, I would have them write a descriptive paragraph of their picture and then write another paragraph explaining why they came up with the image they did.

No comments: