Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sad to Leave, Not Quite Ready to Move On...

I met with my 2ND split teacher today and as it turns out, she is my current school's Principal's sister. What a small town! I told her I feel all special now having so many connections with people who have connections =) I'll be teaching second grade next to her and I'm so excited to meet all her kids. I'm nervous as well though because I know a lot more planning and time will go into second graders! I'm sure I'll do fine though. A little nerves never hurt anybody.



While I'm mentally preparing for what my second split entails, I am having to finish out a unit in social studies with my current teacher's class while observing other teachers in the building and getting ready to say goodbye to the kids, my mentor, and Smith staff. It's been a busy week so far, and I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to see other teachers. I have felt so comfortable with this school as it reminds me very much of the one I went to in Kingwood. I am going to be VERY sad to leave.

No comments: