Wednesday, October 8, 2008

STUDENT TEACHING!!!!!!!!!

First of all, I would just like to apoligize for not posting in so long. It's unacceptable, I know!! I'm not one to give excuses because I don't believe in them =), but everytime I remembered to update this there were just too many topics going though my head and it was a little overwhelming! I took 12 hours of post-BAC classes this summer, and, although it was truly a great experience, it was exhausting and draining! So, please understand!? Okay thanks! =)
So, here I am in October and about six weeks into student teaching, which is amazing by the way, and I'm just now updating! I am at Preston Smith Elementary teaching 4th grade English and Social Studies. Until about mid-week last week it felt a little aukward because 9 year olds are far different from 2-4 year olds, but the kids respond to me well and I love them dearly! The other student teachers at Smith and I have decided we don't want to leave and we're just going to stay there forever! Unfortunately, we start our second split on October 20th, and I know that it's going to be just as great of an experience, but still! I don't want to leave Smith! Not the kids or the 4th grade team of teachers or my AMAZING mentor, Joyce Ray. She has truly been a blessing in my life, and I could not have asked for a better mentor guiding me through 4th grade English! Speaking of which, she is taking the whole day off tomorrow which means I'm in charge and need to get a great night's sleep. I promise not to take 4 months off before updating again!

1 comment:

René Saldaña, Jr. said...

Hey there, Heather. How cool it is to read your latest entry and to find out you're student-teaching not but a few blocks from where we live. We're having to homeschool our oldest, Lukas, b/c he didn't make the cut off date, as per Texas Laws, or whatever. I'll keep checking out the blog from her on out for updates.